Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Ninth Day


What a day. Today was hugely relaxing, and also a life experience I will never forget. We woke up and got on the bus to head to Concón, about 45 minutes away from our hotel. We arrived at the top of hill overlooking the ocean, where we had horses waiting for us to take on an expedition. We proceeded to ride horses around the surrounding area, including Chilean forests, deserts, and even on the beach of the ocean. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience. I had never ridden a horse before, but I found myself quickly confident with my horse, who was not too fleet of foot, but fairly obedient and a good companion. The sights were incredible, and the experience on the whole was unforgettable.
After horseback riding, we came back to the farm we started at, and there they had a huge barbeque waiting for us, with huge amounts of meat and traditional Chilean dishes. I had sausage, beef, pork, and chicken, and it was all very tasty, especially after our long trek. After a relaxing lunch, we boarded the bus, took much-needed naps, and returned to get gelato on the beach. It was a beautiful day, so we sat on the rocks and watched the sun set before returning to the hotel. From there, we were free, and I took advantage of the free time to have a nice night off, and relaxed at the hotel. Today we are headed to the spa for a day that I’m sure will be just as nice as yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment